We meet every Thursday night from 6:00 – 8:15 PM in the Auditorium.
A light meal is served from 6:00 – 6:30 PM. Worship and Testimony or Lesson are scheduled from 6:30 – 7:20 PM, and the evening concludes with gender-based open share groups from 7:20 – 8:00 PM.
CR Kids: Childcare is provided for children up to age five. Classes for children ages five through thirteen.
Solid Rock Cafe is open from 8-9 PM.
When preaching, public worship, and small group attendance is not enough to satisfy, what do you do? Consider participating in the Celebrate Recovery Program.
Designed to help people who are stuck in pain, perplexed by problems or struggle with exaggerated desires that make their life unmanageable, the content is based on the words of Jesus in Matthew 5: 1-10 and 12 biblically based steps.
The following open share groups are currently available:
Men: Habits Group, Anger Group, Sexual Struggles Group
Women: Co-Dependency Group, Hurts / Anger Group, Habits Group
Men’s & Women’s 12-step studies are available on various days, at various times. Sign up on Thursday night or call Pastor Aaron Oosterwyk at 509.586.6101 for information.
The Thursday night Celebrate Recovery meeting operates on a revolving cycle designed to cover lessons in the four Celebrate Recovery Participant’s Guides, supported by testimonies and other special services on alternating weeks. Enter the program at any time, much like using the on ramp of the freeway, and exit when the cycle ends or sooner if you wish. OR you can continue in the program and participate weekly in Open Share Groups and/or Christ-centered 12 step study groups.
The DNA of an Authentic Celebrate Recovery® Ministry:
1. Jesus Christ is the one and only Higher Power. The program is Christ-centered.
2. The Bible and Celebrate Recovery curriculum (the leader’s guide and the four participant’s guides) are used exclusively. The large group lessons are taught from the leader’s guide, keeping at least the acrostic and the Scriptures as the key points in the lessons. This is to keep consistency within groups, while allowing creativity for the teachers
3. The ministry is “group based”. All groups are gender specific and use the group guidelines and format.
4. The Celebrate Recovery “Five Open Share Group Guidelines” are implemented and followed.
5. Accountability is to Christ, the local church and Celebrate Recovery at South Hills Church.
THINGS WE ARE:
- A safe place to share
- A refuge
- A place of belonging
- A place to care for others and be cared for
- A place where respect is given to each member
- A place where confidentiality is highly regarded
- A place to learn
- A place to grow and become strong again
- A place where you can take off your mask
- A place for healthy challenges and healthy risks
- A possible turning point in your life
THINGS WE ARE NOT:
- A place for selfish control
- A place for therapy
- A place for secrets
- A place to look for dating relationships
- A place to rescue or be rescued by others
- A place for perfection
- A place to judge others
- A quick fix